Gina C. Leggett: Ordained Minister

Officiate a wedding? #youcandothat

What do Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Sir Ian McKellen, and I have in common?

Literally everything.

But I'm specifically talking about being able to legally bind your friends, family, and strangers together forever.

(No offense to my brother John, but I feel like my marriage might have worked out if The Rock had performed the ceremony. Imagine the romantic tone that would set.)


Here's a quick way to become a minister. In fact, it was so quick that I think I just accidentally got ordained a second time. Whoopsies.

1. Go to this website.

2. Click "Become a Minister."

3. Fill out the form.

4. Boom, nailed it.

Two little notes before you try to minister your little heart out:

  • If you want any documentation, then you order it through their site and you'll have to pay. I personally order a "letter of good standing" every two years just in case - even though I've never had to use it.
  • If you want to perform a wedding in NYC, you have to file with the city in person, show a print-out of your name in the directory, and pay $15.  Apparently there was some controversy about recognizing the Universal Life Church as a true denomination, but that seems to be resolved. Details, rules, etc. can all be found here.
Gina Leggett